Ramsey Renovation – Part 2
Sorry this is delayed — been working tirelessly to finish the details of the project (which ironically took infinitely longer to complete than the major demolition).
The reality show enthusiastically requested a demo video. We made Caralyn film it on our iPhone last minute so we could quickly send them a lame video of us talking about lame things, ie., our renovation. It was pretty boring so I didn’t expect much of a response. However, they really enjoyed the video and asked if they could film the next week (beginning of September). Josh and I laughed for a really long time and said “HELL NO.” But some how they convinced us on a end of September film date. It barely gave us enough time to prepare. And by prepare I mean lose 5lbs while Josh actually did serious planning and preparing.
Once we started designing, architecture, talking with Josh’s dad (a contractor) we reveled in our naivety at thinking we could accomplish everything we originally listed out. After talking to the producers we narrowed the project down to <em>combing two smaller rooms into a master suite. This including demolishing a bathroom, two closets, a load bearing wall and making a new walk with master closet. </em>
So, our pre-planning included:
- Purchasing lumber, paint, tools (we had most of them), doors, trim, sheetrock and texture.
- Build desk, cabinet, and reading bench for what would be the new area (formerly the green bathroom).
- Measure, re-measure and measure again to make sure dimensions were correct for moving doors, putting up a new support beam and figuring out where load-bearing walls where located.
- Pray very hard that we didn’t kill each other (accidentally or on purpose).
- Find someone to watch the wildlings.
Part three coming soon! I promise.