I’m the worst blogger on the planet. I feel like Garth from Wayne’s World when he’s testing out the “Suck and Cut.” When he tests out the appliance, hilarity follows as the experiment goes awry and he screams, “MAKE IT STOP! IT’S SUCKING MY WILL TO LIVE.”
ellie turns SIX months this month. What? Where have the last six months gone? I know I haven’t slept much, so it really does feel like one long day.
He talks up a storm. He runs around like a tornado. He jumps and climbs on everything. You can find him in the most impossibly high and dangerous places possible. He’s incredibly smart and very stubborn. I wouldn’t say he’s in the “terrible two’s,” but he definitely challenges us and is constantly trying to disobey. It’s like having a little angry terrorist in your house who is trying to hold you hostage.
His favorite things to say and do are:
– “Now wait a minute!”
– Still calls Josh “Josh” (not “Dad” or “Dada”)
– Favorite foods are: pomegranate seeds and Pirate Booty
– Favorite movie is: Despicable Me (“Pickle Me”)
– Loves CrossFit. Seriously. Kid is sipping the Kool-Aid.
– She can roll over both ways and scoot.
– Is happy 99% of the time unless she’s not being held or talked to.
– Makes the LOUDEST happy noises on the planet. We jokingly say she “chirps.” Really, it’s more of a screech.
– She wants to put everything in her mouth and is desperate to eat solid food. We did baby-led weaning with Jack and it worked great, so we’ll try that with Ellie and see if it is also successful.
– Still nursing around the clock, including waking up every 3-4 hours at night to nurse. Longest stretch we can get has been 6 hours, but after that she’s hard to get back to sleep. That’s killing me, but we’re powering through.
– She dresses better than I do.
She has such great taste.
Anyways, once life starts slowing down and we eventually find our rhythm I will blog more. Yes, I still religiously go to CrossFit. Yes, I’m still working in the ER as a nurse. Yes, the kids stay home with me. Yes, we’re all still sane (barely). Life is busy and crazy, but we love it and wouldn’t trade this for the world.